You may have fear about making another “mistake” or questioning how to ensure you’re making the right decision. Your friends and family may have their own comments, especially if it’s your first relationship after divorce or you are getting married after just a short time together. How do you know you’re doing the right thing?
– Make a Good Riddance List. Write down everything that went wrong in your first marriage, all the sad times, everything that you didn’t like about your #exhusband or the way he made you feel. Close the door on that chapter. Refer to that list everytime you doubt yourself for the divorce.
-Make a Dating Checklist. This should note all the qualities and goals you want in a future mate. If someone doesn’t meet your requirements or you find yourself having to compromise on major, deal breaker issues, this person is NOT who you are supposed to be with.
– Trust your intuition and look for signs from the universe. When Frank and I decided to get married, we went to look for an #engagementring together. We found one we both loved and bought it. When we got in the car to drive home, one of my favorite songs that I never hear came on the radio: “Love of a Lifetime” from Firehouse. (Any #80srock #hairband fans out there?). That was my sign. And we danced to that song on our wedding day during the first dance (and let me tell you I hate public dancing esp 1st dances but I did it for @FRANKIEDADBOD.
One more thing I encourage all engaged couple or those considering #marriage to do is to refer to the Divorcee’s Guide to a Healthy, Happy Marriage on www.trashthedressmovement.com. Compiled from real women who got divorced. Read and discuss the key issues that can break up a marriage and make sure you agree on all.
Get inbox inspiration. Join my newsletter: https://signup.ymlp.com/xgquhsyhgmgj
- The Comeback TourAugust 31, 2023My Romance Novel, The Comeback Tour, is available now
- The Comeback TourJuly 13, 2023Title Reveal of My Romance Novel- THE COMEBACK TOUR
- Trash the Dress- Blogging the BookJuly 13, 2023Forming the Pack- Trash the Dress Excerpt Chapter 6
- Trash the Dress- Blogging the BookJuly 3, 2023Cut Away the Past- Trash the Dress Excerpt